Founded by J. Willard and Alice Marriott in 1927, Marriott International, Inc. is a leading global lodging company headquartered in Washington, DC in Bethesda, Maryland. It has over 6,000 properties in nearly 122 countries- Middle East & Africa (245 properties, 29 countries), Europe (512 properti es, 37 countries), United States & Canada ( 4,526 properties, 2 countries), Caribbean & Latin America (225 properties, 33 countries), and Asia-Pacific (572 properties, 21 countries).
Marriott International, a FORTUNE 500 Company, started its operations in the Middle East in 1980 with Riyadh Marriott Hotel in Saudi Arabia.
- Answer, record, log, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns.
- Operate telephone switchboard station.
- Process guest requests for wake up calls, screening calls, do not disturb, call forwarding, conference calls, TDD relay calls, and non-registered guest calls.
- Advise guest of any messages received.
- Monitor busy or unanswered lines, check back with callers on hold to update status, and offer to take a message.
- Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
- Activate/deactivate guest room message lights as appropriate.
- Instruct guests on how to access the internet; transfer guests with problems to provider’s customer support line.
- Test communications equipment to ensure it works properly.
- Respond to special requests from guests with unique needs.
- Contact appropriate individual or department as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
- Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction.
- Dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Enter and locate information using computers and/or POS systems. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Hotels / Hospitality
Helpdesk / Customer Service / Telecalling