The Town of Ashland, a dynamic, thriving community in Metrowest Boston, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Library Assistant in the esteemed Ashland Public Library. Reporting to the Library Director.
The Library Assistant supports the circulation operations at the library including, but not limited to:
- Registering/maintaining patron records
- Check-out/check-in/renew library materials (including print, non-print and inter-library loan materials)
- Shelving all library materials
- Collecting fines and fees
- Reserving materials
- Notifying patrons when reserved material is available
- Providing some Reader’s Advisory and answering questions.
- The Library Assistant should have relevant experience in customer service; and experience with Innovative’s Millennium or Sierra platforms and computer skills is preferred.
- A qualified candidate will have the ability to operate a keyboard and other office equipment.
- The position requires a facility to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, talk, hear, write, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms, bend, climb, crouch and lift materials weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distant vision. A High School diploma or equivalent is required, and some college education is preferred.
This position is part-time, 12-hours per week with the following schedule:
Mondays – Wednesdays 10:00 – 2:00 p.m.
The position is Salary Grade C-7, $15.64 per hour, no benefits, per Agreement between the Town of Ashland and the Ashland Clerical Workers International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (U.A.W.) and its Local 1596.
Cover letter and resumes may be mailed or dropped off to Paula Bonetti, Library Director, at email@example.com, Ashland Public Library, 66 Front Street, Ashland, MA 01721. Applications will be accepted until October 12, 2018, or until a suitable candidate has been selected.